Old December 13th 05, 03:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default How high Q can we expect from a coax?

On 13 Dec 2005 02:58:04 -0800, "
wrote:

Anyone has any information on how high Q can we expect from an open or
a short quater wavelength coaxial stub? How can we achieve moderately
high (200-300) Q by using a coax stub?

the uncomplicate answer is "depends on the COAX losses which is
related to inner conductor diameter and insulator used".

Example RG58 is a poorer than UT141 but 1" Hardline will be better.

Tools like coaxtune and others will get you a better ide of what will
achieve your specific goals.

Allison