Old December 13th 05, 05:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Definitely Not Qualified

From: on Dec 12, 3:17 pm

From: on Dec 11, 10:06 am
From: on Dec 10, 1:14 pm
From: on Dec 9, 6:28 pm

Where have I written that I 'served in other ways'?

So you haven't "served in other ways?"

Jim? Hello?

I hear nothing from him on "serving."

I'm finally getting the picture. Jim asks the question if it is
possible to "serve in other ways?"

Not that HE served in other ways, mind you, but "other people may have
served in other ways."

Ah! The fog begins to lift over the land of ambiguity! Land ho!

Jim remains a no server in any category.

Oh, I dunno, connect to that server and lots of spam comes
across...

Could be he fired up his personal "wayback machine" and went back
to 1936 to review the ARRL political situation on morris goad
testing rates. I think that was before "Farnsworth" rates were
introduced.

W6TTB introduced his method in the 50's (that is, 1950's).

?

In 1936 I was 3 to 4 years old. Jimmie didn't exist anywhere
close to zygote stage yet, wouldn't be born for 19 or so years.

Jim lost priveleges.

Hmmm...can he "lose" something he doesn't have in 1936?

I'm reminded of having been called a "liar" because I said that Michael
Deignan had 12 amateur radio licenses. I was wrong. Michael Deignan's
wife had one of them, at same address (at that time). Mike only had
11. I believe Riley then whittled it down to 3. But I'm a "liar."
Hi! Hi, hi!!! Gotta love these guys.

Heh heh, that "love" is "tough." :-)

Being 11/12th right makes one a "LIAR!"

Good 'ol "new math!" :-)

Yeah, I remember Mikey D's little missives in here, his
adventures with the (?) "radio commandos." Mikey ain't got
them dozen club calls no more. How about that?

Riley allowed the Radio Commando's to live on.

Their "enlistment rate" was extremely low.

Mebbe they disbanded and now hang out at the local VFW?

Brian, here's a KEEPER for an EXACT QUOTE. On December 10, 2005,
Jimmie write the following:

"The FCC doesn't license radio amateurs."

Exact, word for word. :-)

Good Grief!!! I wonder if being right 0/12 merits the label "liar?"

No. In Jimmie's case he is ALWAYS right, no matter if he makes
a typographical error or not, therefore can NEVER LIE.

Anyone else who makes a typo is AUTOMATICALLY a LIAR all the time,
"constantly making mistakes and errors!"

Len and Brian,

If you are going to give direct quotes of what someone allegedly wrote, you
should use the exact words they wrote. That's what "direct quote" means.

Jim, please feel free to provide a direct quote.

Well, I think I obliged Jimmie with the destined-to-become-classic
faux pas of his. Here it is again (from 10 Dec 05):

"The FCC doesn't license radio amateurs."

He might be right. Do you think the FCC outsourced licensing to India?

Wow! I never thought of that! You may be on to something!

He can't understand that other people read
the entirety of his boasting claims of doing more than others
and doing it oh-so-much-better.

The fact is that you were both shown to be wrong and now you're
trying to tapdance away from the fact that you misguoted me.

Tapdance? Jim, please feel free to provide a direct quote. Really.

Can we have some accompanyment to the time-steps? :-)

Rogers&Astair

Gone..."silent taps."

Gregory Hines, greatest of the tap men..."silent taps."

Jim Fixx, multiple author of books on running...gone.

Guess I'll have to drive over to one of the "dancer's"
cobbler shops in town and get some tap shoes. One guy
claims to have done it on court shoes (a lot more
comfortable than the leather-top jobbies). Good trick
if they last...

Here's a DIRECT QUOTE again (from Jimmie on 10 Dec 05):

"The FCC doesn't license radio amateurs."

Good Grief!

Jimmie wrote that, he did...

Or even better, you could explain how one "serves in other ways."

Always from the right of the patron? The lady first?

Perhaps he could get a hand towel with his callsign embroidered on it
to carry across his forearm.

It's better than the callsign tattooed across the knuckles
of each hand...

Gosh, we may have to get Jimmie an "Etty-Kit" so he can serve
properly and correctly!

He's already been to charm school.

He must have flunked out...of that correspondence school...

Real estate chatter snipped.

Pity that. Jimmie KNOWS ALL ABOUT the "basis and purpose" of
local zoning ordinances. We can say nothing about zoning
until Jimmie gets us all "zoned" out of this world and into
another realm of existance. Twilight Zone?

There is no subject that Jim can't pretend to speak intelligently on.

True. Sadly true by demonstration.