Old December 13th 05, 11:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default About to wind up my Hammarlund HX-50

Soliciting advice here. I am not so familiar with these old boatanchor
transmitters.

Just about done with a re-cap and a re-transformer and into this thing
for way more than it's worth. Any advice concerning powering it up. I
don't want to let any smoke out. I figure I'll make sure fuse is
proper size and wind up slow on a variac. Maybe pull out solid state
rectifier tube replacement and run thru the thing - oscillators,
sideband, and audio and so on.

Any advice give is surely needed and will be appreciated.

73
Bob
N9NEO