Old December 14th 05, 01:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
IR

Default Radio Receiver

I've got an SX-850 that is in use all the time. 60 watts per channel
RMS...(2 channels). They are good units. Bought mine 2nd hand in Alaska
in about 1987. Pretty comparable to any transistor unit, not quite as
thrilling as my old Dynakit tube equipment, but that got lost.

wrote:
At the Goodwill store this afternoon,among some other thingys I bought,I
bought a Pioneer Stereo Receiver SX-690 ($5.00) (on the rear panel of
the receiver,it says Pioneer Stereo Receiver Model NO.SX-690 and it was
made in Korea) and two large Pioneer speakers ($3.00 each speaker) When
I just now set the receiver on my couch to get a better look at it under
the light,I heard something loose moving/rattling around in
there.Anyway,there was no owners manual with the receiver at the
Goodwill thrift store.What can y'all folks who know about those kinds of
AM/FM/Stereo receivers tell me about the receiver? Was it an expensive
receiver,new price? Is it suppose to be a very good super duper
receiver? assuming it works ok? Maybe somebody can devilfinder.com (I
hate google) more information and an online operators manual about the
receiver?
cuhulin