Old December 14th 05, 02:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
MojaveDxer

Default New User - New Receiver - Reception Questions

Sounds like your condo is built out of concrete and steel. Do you have
a balcony? If so try string the reel antenna outside on the balcony.
Another option is to run a wire out a window hanging down with a small
weight on the end that will not cause any damage to the building, A
small rubber ball works well for this. Attaching a wire from the
antenna to the window frame itself has helped me in the past. Just
experiment and see what works best in your situation. It will take
some time to get an understanding on what to expect. Just try
experimenting and have fun with it. If you need help we will be around.