Old December 14th 05, 07:32 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Scott in Baltimore

Default Midland 79-290 with modifications

dkennedy wrote:
Well there goes that idea, I wanted a cool looking cb/ssb/weather radio
to mount in my new Jeep Commander. By the way, does a combo radio exist
with cb/ssb/weather/shortwave/frs and a mod to listen to 10 meter? I
don't have a ham radio license but I enjoy listening.

That radio is called an IC-706MKIIG.

With the mod, it covers everything, has 100 watts on HF, and will do
49MHz, MURS and FRS. I think it misses 220 though. With a tech ticket,
you could cover a lot of ground with that one.