Old December 14th 05, 08:40 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.scanner
bradvk2qq

Default judge recognizes cell phones and radios as same thing. in effect, outlaws using all mobile transcievers in the U.S.

Al, was this guy using a speaker mic?

I'm just wondering because I read that the Judge said he was holding it
to his ear like a cellphone, and a speakermic would do that, creating a
loophole for the judge to uphold the charge.

I can't help wondering if the Ham had a bad attitude as well. Police
will dig their heels in if dared or badmouthed, and from what I've seen
from most American newsgroups, Americans aren't shy about coming
forward with abuse.