Old December 14th 05, 04:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brian Denley

Default New User - New Receiver - Reception Questions

wrote:

Nevertheless, I can't get even a single station that Passport
recommends in the "First Tries: Ten Easy Catches" section. I've been
listening at night and the band that Grundig recommends as "Good all
night everywhere" in the 400PE manual - the 31m band - doesn't have a
single frequency that comes in for me. Neither does the 41m band -
also recommended as good all night in Northeastern America. The best
I've been able to manage are two frequencies in the 49m band - one of
which appears to be China Radio International on 5950. Neither of
these are terribly clear at that, and the best reception that I've
been able to get is with WWCR.

Actually 31 meter band reception here in NE is not that great lately. Try
the 49 and 41 meter bands first.

--
Brian Denley