Old December 14th 05, 05:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default About to wind up my Hammarlund HX-50

Hi John,

Unfortunatly I have no history. I bought it off Ebay from
deadpeoplesthings.

When I got it there was three transformers inside in an effort to
duplicate the one factory. I stripped them out and bought a very
expensive (ouch!) Peter Dahl replacement. SK made some relay
modifications and the solid state relay and holes in the chassis all
over the place. Looks like swiss cheese.

I'm into it for about 500 bucks and almost running. Last capacitor
should be on the front porch when I get home. I'll probably trash the
previous owner's relay mods before I power it up. One of the relays is
a T/R switch which I can do without.

I sold a nice HT-32 last summer in order to pay for a Drake R8B that I
just had to have. HT32 was excellant shape with new finals and
alignment. I sold for $200 so I gave it away. And the HT32 is twice
the rig the HX50 will ever be.

I don't fret too much over the time or money I got into this rig. We
do it cause we like to. Right?

73
Bob