Old December 14th 05, 09:06 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Vinnie S.

Default Midland 79-290 with modifications

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 17:44:04 -0000, "The Magnum"
wrote:

"Vinnie S." wrote in message
.. .
On 14 Dec 2005 04:01:47 -0800, "dkennedy" wrote:

THANK YOU! Looks great and would look very good in my Jeep Commander.
Do I need a HAM license to have one if the police see it??

No. You need a license to transmit on ham bands. And you also need a beats

of an
antenna, to cover all the bands.

Vinnie S.

I thought you needed a licence if you had a transceiver but no licence if
its just a receiver. I believe that to be the case in the UK but of course
the US may be different.

Anybody can buy in the US. It's not a law. Maybe vendors have some license
requirements, but still not law.

Vinnie S.