Old December 14th 05, 05:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

Default HF radar

In article ,
"Ron Baker, Pluralitas!" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"Ron Baker, Pluralitas!" wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
Interesting. Is there a canned program to take an autocorrelation of a
wav file?

I use Matlab. It is a general purpose math tool. A lot of
people use it to prototype DSP algorithms. There is
a student version for $150. It is good enough.
There is also an open source, free program called Octave
that tries to be compatible with Matlab. Matlab programs
can generally be ported to Octave with more or less work.

Snip

They just got through trying to hit me up for $1000 - $1300 bucks for
versions 12 and 13.

Yeouch. At prices like that they are begging for
competition.
That makes me wonder what we are
paying for it at work.

I know a few young engineering students who have the
full version. I suspect they obtained it through...
alternative sources.

When I first started buying this software it was $80 full price. The
program has improved over the years and occasionally I have upgraded but
it has been years now that the price has been going up astronomically.

I'm going to have to do something as the old versions is running on an
old Mac 8500 under sys 8.5 and I want to get rid of it. Other math
programs are in the same range expense wise as are most high end CAD
programs.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California