Old December 15th 05, 12:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Irv Finkleman

Default Looking for fiberglass antenna part

Ed wrote:

Short of having a machinist build me some, can anyone advise where I
might be able to buy this part for a home made antenna project....

I need an addapter that is 3/8" x 24 thread on one end, and a 1/2"
tube on the other... to fit over 1/2" fiberglass rod. I can use 3/8" to
5/8" rod diameters to meet this part specs, if necessary.

Stainless steel or brass would be fine.

Ed K7AAT

Buy a long 3/8"x24 bolt, hacksaw off the head, then expoxy some pipe with
1/2" inside diam in over the end. Make sure the part extending into the
pipe is long enough.

Irv VE6BP (Not a machinist, just an idea as to how I'd do it)
--
Diagnosed Type II Diabetes March 5 2001