Old December 15th 05, 01:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.antiques.radio+phono
Tim Mullen

Default The Big 8 !

In "Michael A. Terrell" writes:

At one time I was offered several of the 16 mm newsreel cameras and
16 mm color film processing equipment from a TV news department in
California, but the cost of shipping it across the country was just too
high. I wonder how many of those cameras and 16 mm color film processing
systems still exist?

I don't know anything about the newsreel systems, but 16mm itself is
alive and well. Modern stocks can look pretty damn good. "Sex and the
City" was shot on super 16.

--
Tim Mullen
Am I in your basement? Looking for antique televisions, fans, etc.