Old December 16th 05, 04:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Xmas Present: Ten Tec RX 320D or Radio Labs Super Sangean ATS909 ??

Dear Mark

Should I be considering one or two more machines in this mix.

I really like the WiNRADiO WR-G303e standalone usb machine but it is
slightly out of my price range (and could bring the wife descending
upon me--presently flying under the radar,)

thanks

Paul

Mark S. Holden wrote:
paul v birke wrote:
Hi All

With these being about equal in price and having a laptop to drive the
Ten Tec what would be the choice here.

I am a novice but both look very good after a few days research, I do
love both.

I need you help to decide based I think more on pure technical merit
than anything. Which scores higher in your opinions?

thanks

Paul Birke PEng (EE)

If you want to use it as a portable, I'd go for the 909. If you want to
use it mostly in one location, I'd go for the ten tec.

Otherwise, I've seen some mixed reviews on the radio labs version of the
909, and I don't recall seeing anything but positive reviews of the 320.