Old December 16th 05, 07:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mark S. Holden

Default Xmas Present: Ten Tec RX 320D or Radio Labs Super Sangean ATS909??

wrote:
Dear Mark

Should I be considering one or two more machines in this mix.

I really like the WiNRADiO WR-G303e standalone usb machine but it is
slightly out of my price range (and could bring the wife descending
upon me--presently flying under the radar,)

thanks

Paul

I've heard generally good things about the winradios, but have no
personal experience with them.

I think an external winradio (the USB one you mentioned)would make lots
more sense than an internal one though, as odds are the radio will still
be a fine performer long after whatever card standards we're using now
are impossible to find on new computers.

I advise researching the heck out of purchases and buying whatever you
really want even if it means waiting a couple weeks or months to fit it
in the budget. In the long run, you'll end up with nicer stuff, and
save money.