Old December 17th 05, 04:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Definitely Not Qualified

From: on Dec 16, 3:41 pm

wrote:

Sorry, but the last REAL SERVING IN THE MILITARY President
was James Earle Carter, USN,

His middle name is spelled "Earl". Not "Earle".

Can't you get anyhting right? ;-)

"Anyhting?"

Go to: http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq60-14.htm

You WILL find that it is EARLE with an ending E, just like
his father spelled it.

Also in Wikipedia, a couple of Almanacs, etc.

Spelling isn't rocket science, Len :-)

That's true, Jimmie.

I've worked WITH rocket scientists (and engineers) at
Rocketdyne Division of (then) Rockwell International
(now a Division of Boeing who purchased them a few
years ago).

Have you worked WITH rocket scientists, Jimmie?

Have you ever been a part of an SSME (Space Shuttle Main
Engine) test firing to test LOX flow instrumentation?
I have. Up on "Coca Site" of the Santa Susannah Field
Test Laboratories in the mountains between Los Angeles
and Ventura Counties.

Have you worked IN the space business, Jimmie?

Have you helped "reach the threshold of space" with a
ham balloon?

and George Herbert Walker Bush,
USNR, and Gerald Rudolph Ford, USNR. [living that is]

Our current President served as an F-102 pilot in the Texas Air
National Guard.

I thought I wrote that? Do you know what an F-102 is,
Jimmie?

Do you know the difference between it and an F-106, Jimmie?

I've had my hands inside both of them at Hughes Aircraft
Company field in Culver City, CA. Took part in testing of
the MA-1 fire control system for the F-106, initially using
the F-102 as a test bed. That was in 1958-1960. MA-1 was
the first - and probably last - vacuum tube based digital
computer airborne fire-control system. Interesting stuff
to know what that MA-1 could do...

See: http://www.whitehouse.gov/president/gwbbio.html

Does that service not count for you, Len?

Not particularly. Dubya was never activated from the Air
Guard during a war time, Jimmie.

None of them had any direct contact with amateur radio.

How do you know for sure, Len?

If they did, QST would have had an orgasmic issue
special! :-)

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!