Old December 17th 05, 12:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Definitely Not Qualified

From: on Dec 16, 3:41 pm
wrote:
Sorry, but the last REAL SERVING IN THE MILITARY President
was James Earle Carter, USN,

His middle name is spelled "Earl". Not "Earle".

Can't you get anyhting right? ;-)

"Anyhting?"

Yes, Leonarde, "anyhting". A typo. You seem to go ape
over them, so I toss in one or two just to keep you happy,

Go to:
http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq60-14.htm

You WILL find that it is EARLE with an ending E, just like
his father spelled it.

Other sources say differently.

Spelling isn't rocket science, Len :-)

That's true,

So why are you so bad at it? ;-)

I've worked WITH rocket scientists (and engineers) at
Rocketdyne Division of (then) Rockwell International
(now a Division of Boeing who purchased them a few
years ago).

As you flitted from job to job....

Does having worked for "rocket scientists" somehow make
your opinions about amateur radio policy better or superior
to those of anyone else, Len?

You seem to think it does.

Have you ever been a part of an SSME (Space Shuttle Main
Engine) test firing to test LOX flow instrumentation?
I have. Up on "Coca Site" of the Santa Susannah Field
Test Laboratories in the mountains between Los Angeles
and Ventura Counties.

Does that somehow make
your opinions about amateur radio policy better or superior
to those of anyone else, Len?

You seem to think it does.

and George Herbert Walker Bush,
USNR, and Gerald Rudolph Ford, USNR. [living that is]

Our current President served as an F-102 pilot in the Texas Air
National Guard.

I thought I wrote that?

No, you didn't. I wrote it.

Do you know what an F-102 is....?

Yes, I do, Len. Do you know what an FT-102 is, Len?

Do you know the difference between it and an F-106, Jimmie?

Yes, I do, Len. Do you the difference between an FT-102 and an FT-101?

I've had my hands inside both of them at Hughes Aircraft
Company field in Culver City, CA.

I've had my hands inside all kinds of things, Len.

Took part in testing of
the MA-1 fire control system for the F-106, initially using
the F-102 as a test bed. That was in 1958-1960. MA-1 was
the first - and probably last - vacuum tube based digital
computer airborne fire-control system. Interesting stuff
to know what that MA-1 could do...

Does that somehow make
your opinions about amateur radio policy better or superior
to those of anyone else, Len?

You seem to think it does.

Besides - how do we know any of these "rocket scientist" claims
of yours are true? You're big on demanding "proof" of
all sorts of stuff, and rejecting people's claims. Why
should we accept your claims? Pictures and verbiage on
someone's website aren't "proof".

See: http://www.whitehouse.gov/president/gwbbio.html

Does that service not count for you, Len?

Not particularly.

Is that a yes or a no?

Dubya was never activated from the Air
Guard during a war time,

So what? Does someone's military service only
count if they are "activated during a war time"?

Let's see....Dan, W4NTI, was certainly "activated
during a war time". He was the target of your
"few ounces of pressure" posts.

Dave, K8MN was certainly "activated during a war
time". He was the target of your classic "feldwebel post".

I don't know if you consider Hans, K0HB, to have been
"activated during a war time", but you sure don't show
him much respect even though he has more military
service than you. And he's NCTA!

Perhaps what really bothers you about K0HB is that
he has better stories, and tells them better, than you do.

And while Hans is against the Morse Code test, and has been
for a long time, he's *for* Morse Code *use*. That seems to
bother you no end. Which proves that you're not just against
the *test*, but against Morse Code *use*. And a whole bunch
of other things.

None of them had any direct contact with amateur radio.

How do you know for sure, Len?

If they did, QST would have had an orgasmic issue
special! :-)

Nope. They didn't have one about K7UGA.

Wrong again, Len!