Old December 18th 05, 02:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
kd5sak

Default Ground Or Not To Ground Receiving Antenna In Storm ?

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've read that this click is due to the ear's reaction to the strong
electromagnetic pulse. If that's what you heard, it comes from the ear
itself, not from outside................................

According to old Gary Coffman posts, he says it's picked up by the
auditory nerve. Also, deaf people can hear that click.

Thanks OM, I've wondered for nearly 50 years what the "click"
mechanism was. I've told the story several times, but never to anyone
I thought it would be useful to ask for an explanation of the "click".

Harold
KD5SAK