Old December 18th 05, 12:21 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Al Klein

Default tac radio

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 07:10:02 -0800, Wayne Howell
wrote:

Alex Clayton wrote:

shrug well since you either don't know where you are or feel you can't
tell anyone I guess you're on your own dude.

I'm in Port Townsend, Jefferson County, WA.

Seems as if you're not the only one who doesn't know which channels
are what frequencies/talkgroups:

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&ctid=2973

It looks as if the police are on a conventional UHF system. Keep the
scanner on a search of 453 MHz to 454 MHz and see if you locate
frequencies they're using that aren't 453.575. (Many agencies that
have more than one repeater have them all in the same general
frequency area.) If you do, submit them to Radio Reference. Even
better will be if you hear someone being told to go to Tac3, and you
hear him come up on some other frequency. Then you'll know that
frequency is Tac3.

You might want to try 453.275.

Other frequencies licensed to the county are 153.92, 154.115, 155.055,
155.115, 155.16 and 158.88, but I they wouldn't be using them if their
equipment is on UHF.