Old December 17th 05, 07:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Kiwa MW Air-Core Loop Antenna {In-the-News} FS / FA

Just a FYI, they turn the IBOC off at night, which is when most people
DX. However, I understand your concern. IBOC will probably fail.

wavetrapper wrote:
Pure speculation on my part. There probably was profit in it but not
huge. That may have been a very labor intenstive product to build.

Hard to get materials is one factor. Also, the crowd of MW DX'ers gets
smaller and smaller with each passing year. Not to mention the
forthcoming destruction of the MW DX hobby courtesy of IBOC/digital
radio (thanks to the built in adjecent channel hash interference).

The cumulative effect of all of that may have made it more trouble than
it was worth and there isn't much in the way of "future growth."