Old December 19th 05, 08:59 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Mike M.

Default Adding serial ports to PC notebook

On 9 Dec 2005 16:27:58 -0800, "Hatfield"
wrotF:

http://store.yahoo.com/buyextras/syseatapcca.html

Above is a Syba branded, CardBus to Serial-ATA 2-port host adapter
under $25 and looks like this store has 30 day return policy (15%
restocking fee).

Has anybody around here tried one of these?

By the way the Cables to go product I mentioned on the first message is
for sale at TigerDirect for $50...

All real SWL's are cheapstakes, e.g. myself....

I believe the card you linked to is for serial ATA hard drives NOT
RS-232 com ports. I use a Socket I/O card in an old Toshiba laptop to
provide a second comport. No problems. I paid around $30 shipped for a
used one on eBay. There are some listed now, new and used.
http://computers.search.ebay.com/serial_PCMCIA-Cards-for-Laptops_W0QQcatrefZC6QQfromZR2QQfrppZ50QQfsopZ1QQs acatZ42190QQsbrsrtZlQQsotrZ2

My old laptop can't use cardbus cards so it was harder to find one
that would work.