Old December 19th 05, 02:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Default Ground Or Not To Ground Receiving Antenna In Storm ?

Roy Lewallen wrote:
I'm not an expert at this, but I'm quite sure that the only way you can
get a mechanical wave to travel faster than sound is if the behavior of
the air becomes nonlinear at some compression level.

Carrier velocity is linear and must be taken into account. Relative
to a measurement point at the center of the earth, sound waves
traveling East in the surface atmosphere are moving faster than
Mach 2. Do the carriers move during an explosion?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp