Old December 19th 05, 09:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default LF Engineering H800 Skymatch

Comparing serial numbers on Wellbrook ALA 100, in a years time they
sold 3 of the version sold for North America. Their products are a bit
pricey, even more so due to the weak dollar.

Not only do they not have a North America outlet, but their UK outlet
doesn't have a secure server. You have to fax your credit card number
to the UK.

If you don't mind hacking a bit, the ALA 100 is the way to go. If
haven't checked lately, but when I got mine, it was the cheapest and
the least expensive to ship. Further, it is very portable since the
loop is whatever you DIY rather than some thing as big as a hulahoop.

junius wrote:
I haven't used the H-800 very
much since switching over to a Wellbrook loop. It's a very good value,
though. Doesn't get the attention it deserves, in my opinion.

Well, the Wellbrook loops get some pretty nice reviews in Passport to
World Band Radio. Given Wellbrook's lack of any distribution in the
U.S. & Canada, it's sometimes a little surprising to see how many North
American SW listeners on this newsgroup are using Wellbrook loops.

Junius