Old December 19th 05, 06:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roy Lewallen

Default Ground Or Not To Ground Receiving Antenna In Storm ?

Reg Edwards wrote:
. . .
See the works of Sir Ronald Arthur Fisher, the greatest statistician
of all time. Beautifully explained in plain English. He dabbled mainly
in Genetics, Agriculture, the Weather, and the mathematics thereof.
But I'm not aware of anything specifically he had to say about the
statistics of lightning strikes. You will have to work things out for
yourself. In all probability nothing seriously will happen to YOU. So
don't worry about it.
. . .
As for me, I'm 80 years of age, and I'm still alive. I've never won
the national lottery. But perhaps that can be explained by the fact
that I've never entered it.

I hope the foregoing has helped to set your mind at rest.

I'd be willing to wager that there are places in Florida which have more
lightning strikes in a single summer than have occurred at your QTH (or
mine) in the past 80 years.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL