Old December 19th 05, 08:20 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
John L. Sielke

Default Pepper And Salt (Seasoned Greetings) to all our readers - theXmas FAQ

Pierian Spring wrote:

snip

and the baying hounds replied:

snip snip etc

You know, I agree in principle that Ham Radio is being so dumbed down that it no
longer can be considered a technical hobby. (But then all of education has been
dumbed down. It is more important to assure a student's "self-esteem" remains
intact, than that he learn the subject).

What amazes me is that every time this "faq" is sent to the newsgroups, the same
idiots respond to it, and get into a flame war. When it dies down, it only
requires the repeat of the same message to get the same idiots stirred up again.

Sort of a Pavlovian response. I guess for some, it might be fun to watch dumb
animals drool. Maybe it's a UK thing......