Old December 19th 05, 08:42 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Spike

Default Pepper And Salt (Seasoned Greetings) to all our readers - the Xmas FAQ

John L. Sielke wrote:

Pierian Spring of Very Dull Water wrote:

snip

and the baying hounds replied:

snip snip etc
another snip

What amazes me is that every time this "faq" is sent to the newsgroups, the same
idiots respond to it, and get into a flame war. When it dies down, it only
requires the repeat of the same message to get the same idiots stirred up again.

Sort of a Pavlovian response. I guess for some, it might be fun to watch dumb
animals drool. Maybe it's a UK thing......

The thing you need to bear in mind is that of the current 55 messages
in that thread, no less than 23 - not far short of half of the total -
were in fact posted by the OP. Some of these involve him posting - or
barking - replies to himself. I wasn't aware that Pavlov had trained
his dogs to drool at their own barking. But the chap concerned claims
a qualification in psychology, so perhaps he could name this
phenomenon for us.

from
Aero Spike