Old December 19th 05, 08:59 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Pierian Spring

Default One of the Chosen speaks (the same old repetitive drivel)

Hans,
You've missed the point which is that we are in a privileged
position as the result of our educational achievements. Allowing the
standard represented by those achievements to fall such
that turnip-brained CBers are perceived as our fellows is
the route to Company-Built (CB) rigs only, and our hard-earned
right to build our own gear will be lost.

It's not a question of snobbery, but one of preserving the
world of _REAL_ Ham Radio.

KØHB wrote:
"Pierian Spring" wrote

A number of potential recruits are in great danger of being
misled into thinking that they are Radio Hams when, in fact,
they are nothing of the kind! As it is the season of goodwill,
let us show our goodwill by saving these poor deluded fools
from the mischievous ne-er-do-wells who will attempt to
mislead them. (Radio Hams are technically-motivated people
and not merely turnip-brained button pushers like CBers and
like M3/CBers)

The Wise Ones live in the depths of the D, E, and F-Layers, and in the servers
at Yahoogroups.com. They are the descendants of the Gods. I personally subscribe
to the theory they are the children of Thor Heyerdahl, the Viking god of Thunder
and Balsawood Raft Dxpeditions. But that's another story.