Old December 19th 05, 09:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Steven Fritts

Default MFJ ANTENNA QUESTION

Hello all,

I wonder if anyone has tried the MFJ collinear dipole that they have
in their new catalog. It is two half waves with a quarter wave length
of 450 ohm ladder line shorted at the bottom hanging down with an
SO 239 connector for the 50 ohn feedline connection. I dont see why
one could not build this antenna themselves. The question is, WHERE
does the 50 ohm point go on the ladder line? At the bottom? Mid point?
Or does it matter where it goes? I have plenty of room to put on up
and wondered how well they work.

73s and thanks,

Steve W4SEF