Old December 20th 05, 11:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Default full moon causes eBay insanity !!!!!!!

Unrevealed Source wrote:

I understand and respect your point of view, and by and large I agree. But
let me ask this. Suppose a couple of people bid up the price of a Radio
Shack DX-100, and one of them ends up paying $350 for it. Wouldn't you be
the first to say that they overpaid? Remember it only takes a couple of
people to get in a bidding war with each other. That doesn't mean it is the
fair market value - it just means two people wanted really, really bad and
were unwilling to wait for another one to come along.

It all averages out. eBay is THE marketplace that determines value these days.

dxAce
Michigan
USA