Old December 20th 05, 11:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Chuck S.

Default Z matching of antennas

Someone ask for more info. Well Cecil I was thinking of matching to a
Beverage antenna. From what I read they are around 450 Ohms, maybe more or
less some. Most seem to use a transformer with an isolate primary, but in
the ARRL antenna book, 2005, CH. 13 they show a auto transformer. I was
interested in hearing from someone if one type is better then the other. I
have built both types and tested them on the bench with a resistor load and
they seem to work the same. I don't have the room to put up a Beverage
antenna otherwise I would.

Chuck
"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
news
Chuck S. wrote:
With respects to antenna matching, i.e.: 50 to 450 Ohms, which is better
to use, an autotransformer or a transformer with an isolated primary and
secondary? I’m looking for the pro’s and con’s of each.

Where are you going to find a 450 ohm antenna?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp