Old December 20th 05, 11:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dee Flint

Default Question for Techs not upgrading to General question

"Bill Sohl" wrote in message
ink.net...
This is specific to current Tech license holders.
Two questions depending on your being
either Tech (no code) or Tech+ (with code):

If you are No code Tech, do you plan to upgrade
to General once the code test is eliminated
as a General requirement?

If you are Tech+ now, any particular reason
you haven't upgraded to General?

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK

Well, Bill, here's some anecdotal information from some people I know.

I was talking to my brother, who is a Tech+ about why he has not upgraded to
General. There are two reasons. One is that since he is not very active
and does not belong to a club, he did not know that the General only needed
a 5wpm code test now. The second reason is that at the moment he is heavily
involved in boating as a hobby and just doesn't want to take the time right
now. However, he is keeping his license current. So perhaps someday he'll
get around to it.

My OM is a General but he stayed at Tech Plus for over a year before
upgrading. He was simply having too much fun on VHF/UHF SSB and 10m SSB to
take the time out to study. He probably has enough grid squares for the
VUCC if he had records of everything.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE