Old December 20th 05, 11:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

Default AM reception ??? radios and antennas

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 16:10:58 -0600, "GYT" No Email Address wrote:

A General Electric Super Radio is a cheap start. There are always better
radios and they are limited only to how much cash you are willing to
sacrifice.

I'll let someone else chime in about the antennas you asked about.

"Benzopia Topia" wrote in message
What is the best types of antenna to optomize AM reception? Also what
are some of the better AM recievers on the market? What about the
antennas that are just set next to an AM radio without any actual
connection. I believe CC Crane sells 2 models. Thanks

The cheap SelectaTenna is the best oneIMNHO. The Super Radio is
analog. If I wanted to ,ess with cheap analogs I'd get an old 5 tube
superhet plastic radio.

I'm currently AM DXing with my ICOM R75 and an MFJ-1024 external
wideband active antenna on a 20' pole in my back yard. It's like
sitting in the front seat of my '56 Cadillac (without the vibrator
hum).