Old December 21st 05, 01:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Considering the Par Electronics End-Fed Shortwave Listener's (EF-SWL) Antenna

David wrote:
On 20 Dec 2005 15:40:43 -0800, "RHF"
wrote:

David,

The Par Electronics End-Fed Shortwave Listener's EF-SWL Antenna
uses 45 Feet of # 14 AWG Polyethylene Black Jacketed Flex-Weave
Antenna Wire with 168 Copper Strands as it's Wire Antenna Element.
FLEX-WEAVE = http://www.davisrf.com/ham1/flexweve.htm

That was the basis of the above # 14 AWG comparison ~ RHF

.

Like I said, it's very nice. Probably overkill. I have a piece of
Teflon insulated, tinned 22g strateched 125' across my backyard that's
working just fine. Seems a thick wire like the 14g would require a
heavier-duty suppourt arrangement. I just use nails and TyRaps.