Old December 21st 05, 09:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Allodoxaphobia

Default More BPL rollout. sigh...

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:44:35 -0800, Richard Clark wrote:

Hi Jonesy,

Did you just move to Pueblo from Gunnison? Gunnison is such a nice
town.

Hi Richard.

Yep, DM68 has A LOT less WS VHF actvity now. Think of the postage I'll
save on QSL cards! HI!HI! How-some-ever, I have to start all over on
my 6M WAS. Got all but R.I. with 9.5 watts on 6M from Gunnison.
sigh...

(There really should be a W49S award! Quite a few folks have that!)

Last time I was in Pueblo was during High School in the 60s. As
we used to say about Tijuana when I was in the Navy: didn't lose
anything there, so there was no reason to go back.

Being a contrarian, I selected Pueblo for the move, after my First Wife
said she was done being cold in Gunnison. Turns out Pueblo is A Great
Place to live -- unless you're trying to raise and educate children, or
need to make a living. Luckily I'm not into any of that.

Of course, Colorado Springs has tripled in size since then, and to
no positive gain as far as I can tell.

Agreed. We bought a house on the S.E. side of Pueblo -- a little out in
the county -- just to stay as far away from C. Spgs. as possible. :-)

73 MC es HNY
Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux