Old December 22nd 05, 01:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
YT

Default Cold storage: Solid state VS. Tube

Last I packed up and headed down south for the winter.

I drained the pipes, filled the traps with antifreeze and turned the gas
off.

I have a house full of BA gear in Northern Ohio

Nothing was worse for wear. Wooden radios, Collins A line, war surplus etc.
all fared well.

wrote in message
oups.com...
When using a cold storage site, will Solid State sets (circa 1980) hold
up better than Vacuum Tube sets (circa 1930-1950) ?
Anyone had experience with this sort of thing?
rgds,
Mark S.