Old December 22nd 05, 02:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

Default More BPL rollout. sigh...

Jim Higgins wrote:

The result? BPL economics absolutely cannot support the
promises made for it. If they have to fulfill the promises it's dead
before it starts.

The flaw in your logic is that Google invested $100,000,000 on Current
Communications. If the trial flops economicaly, they can just keep
pouring money into it until they corner the market.

The way I figure it is they just raised $4b in a stock offering. If the
$3b left over after buying part of AOL isn't enough, they will just
sell more stock.

Every time you click on an "ads by google", you are supporting BPL.
Every time you vist a web site with "ads by google" you are supporting BPL.
If you bought Google stock, or invested in a mutual fund that did,
you are supporting BPL.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
The trouble with being a futurist is that when people get around to believing
you, it's too late. We lost. Google 2,000,000:Hams 0.