Old September 22nd 03, 12:25 PM
W3JDR

I was getting several hundred of these a day. I got the idea to take my
email address out of my Chat group profiles, just in case some hacker
software was 'harvesting' email addressesfrom these sites. When I removed my
email address from the Yahoo Chat groups I was subscribed to, the spam
seemed to stop dead in its tracks. All has been quiet for some time now.

Coincidence??

Joe
W3JDR

"Bob Miller" wrote in message
On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 18:42:36 -0000, "David Robbins"
wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
om...

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Is anyone else being deluged with Virus/Worm email messages?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Yes, 14 yesterday and 4 so far this morning.

you must not have many friends who have you in their address book... i

got
about 1000 overnight last night and about 2500 the day before.

I only get about 3 or 4 emails a week from the spammers. Mostly about
penile enlargement, for some reason.

I recently changed my email address, and set my ISP email anti-spam
filter to "light". That sure cut down on the email.

I also have no firewall and no anti-virus protection, but the computer
works fine, day after day, regardless of how much I get on the
Internet.

Bob
k5qwg