Old December 22nd 05, 04:45 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Pierian Spring

Default FAQ - revised version

At no time have I indicated that I wasn't prepared to
tackle something of which I had no experience. I was
prepared to tackle it, and was awaiting the appropriate
instructions. How many of those who boast of having
neutralised the PA stage of an FT101 did so without
the manufacturer's instructions thereto, and if they
lacked the instructions, how did they know that their
attempts to so neutralise were successful?

You really do seem desperate to score some
infantile point, Andy GilFillan!

DrBoris wrote:
"Pierian Spring" wrote in message
oups.com...
crap snipped
I wouldn't recommend anyone whose background

is in transistorised QRP to tackle the neutralising of a compact
PA stage with 600 VDC on the anodes after replacing the
antenna coupling capacitor unadvisedly, lightly, or wantonly.

So how are people supposed to learn/progress if they are not
going to tackle something they have no previous experience of?
Is that not the whole point of Ham Radio, as you seem to continually
remind us of in your FAQ?