Old December 22nd 05, 08:06 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Pierian Spring

Default FAQ - revised version

There's no denial of reality in following the example
set by the Oddity Of Ploddity that is the We'll ****e
(All Over You) Constabulary....

At 16:45 on the 3rd July 2000, Bobby Young, an Acting
Inspector screamed at me, "ANY OLD PLOD WILL NOT DO!".
(Perhaps it is no wonder the childish disposition of the
common plod when their leaders behave so badly)

In the evening of 7th March this year, David Hunt W1361
referred to the "common plod".

So.....it seems to me that if it is acceptable for the plods
to use the word, "plod" when discussing the plods with
members of the public, then it is acceptable for members
of the public to use the word, "plod" when discussing the plods,
either with the plods, or with people who are not plods.

W8LNA wrote:
... especially when you refer to the constabulary as 'the
plods,' a strong indication of your own denial of reality.