Old December 23rd 05, 01:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
W. Watson

Default Standing Waves (and Impedance)

Well, I think this thread went a bit beyond where I had intended
(expected?), but it looks like it's provided some useful discussions, as it
did me. Here's kind of a twist on all this.

I went back to my very old physics book to see what they had to say about
standing waves. Actually, I had more fun reading about waves created by a
string attached to various objects at the remote end. The authors considered
a case with an infinite mass at the end, and another with the end of the
string fastened to a ring, which was place on a pole. Finally, they
discussed what would happen if another string followed the first and the
second the string was denser or less dense than the string on which the wave
begin. Another time. :-)

"He who laughs, lasts." -- Mary Pettibone Poole
--

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews