Old December 23rd 05, 02:45 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default questions about building CB antenna...

Hi, I am looking to build an antenna for CB band... It will be going up
in my attic with about a 19 foot ceiling. I would like to have it free
standing as I have no way to get to the top to hang a wire type
antenna...

here is what I was thinking of doing:

I was going to biuld a 1/2 dipole but out of 1/2" copper pipe using PVC
pipe as insulators for the center and bottom and building some kind of
wood base for it.

will this work the same as a 12g wire dipole? do I still make each
side 8' 5" long or will this change? Does it matter what side is up?
any tips or ideas?

thanks
Jim