Old December 23rd 05, 03:05 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Vinnie S.

Default questions about building CB antenna...

On 22 Dec 2005 18:45:44 -0800, wrote:

Hi, I am looking to build an antenna for CB band... It will be going up
in my attic with about a 19 foot ceiling. I would like to have it free
standing as I have no way to get to the top to hang a wire type
antenna...

here is what I was thinking of doing:

I was going to biuld a 1/2 dipole but out of 1/2" copper pipe using PVC
pipe as insulators for the center and bottom and building some kind of
wood base for it.

will this work the same as a 12g wire dipole? do I still make each
side 8' 5" long or will this change? Does it matter what side is up?
any tips or ideas?

thanks
Jim

Don't waste your money on copper pipe. 12 or 14 gauge wire will work just fine.

You can also build a 1/4 ground plane, and stick it on a 9 or 10 foot mast.

Vinnie S.