Old December 23rd 05, 03:09 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Vinnie S.

Default questions about building CB antenna...

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 01:15:07 -0500, Scott in Baltimore
wrote:

The unbalanced 1/4 wave GP will match to the CB better then a balanced dipole.

Coax is unbalanced. It's a hot and a shield. Dipoles need equal and opposite feed.

You need about 8.6 feet per element.

We need to find out what he is going to use it for. I would probably go with the
1/4 GP mounted on a PVC mast. That would be about 8 feet off his attic floor.
Might work pretty well.

I has a Starduster in the attic in 1983, and did OK. This will work better that
the Starduster.

Vinnie S.