Old December 23rd 05, 06:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen

Default Alistair Cooke's 'bones stolen'

Yeah, this is pretty bad. I have been given to understand by at least
two oncologists plus other medical professionals that the use of a
cancerous transplanted organ - be it bone, heart, lung or other tissue
- could conceivably cause the cancer from the donor to be restarted in
the recipient.

This, on top of the fact that this activity is just plain gruesome,
whether the parts are from a celebrity like Cooke or from an unknown
person.

I knew a guy in college who came form a mortuary-owning family. The
guy was a brilliant chemist - he was a year behind me, and by the time
I graduated from meterology school, he already had in excess of 20
patents for new chemicals he'd developed, some of which had already
been sold. A *great* organ player, too. Noting that both of these
disciplines could be useful in mortuary circles, I believe he's gone
into the family business; I wonder what he'd think of all this...

Bruce Jensen