Old December 24th 05, 02:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
alex

Default Crimp, Clamp or Solder?

Yes, the 3/8" chisel tip is great.

100w or higher 700 deg. autotemp weller.
many used on the forsale forums and ebay.

Big difference between a heat sink and heat source !

Chris W wrote:

I forgot to bring up resistive soldering, does any one use one of
those? I guess if I get a big iron that will work good. I used a 140
watt gun for the UHF connector I did first, I hear the big irons work
better because of the larger thermal mass, I may try the heat gun trick
too. I have a small heat gun that will get up to 200 and something F or so.

--
Chris W
KE5GIX

Gift Giving Made Easy