Old December 23rd 05, 09:45 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Vinnie S.

Default questions about building CB antenna...

On 23 Dec 2005 13:30:15 -0800, wrote:

I am really looking for mainly local talking...

vinnie I don't think you included the web address for the 1/4 GP
antenna...

Crap. Sorry about that. Usethe 1/4 ground plain.

http://home.att.net/~wizardoz/cbmw/a...i.html#groundp

Remember to cut the center radial long, and trim shorter to adjust SWR. Mount it
on a plastic mast like PVC or ABS. It does not have to be metal since it's
indoors, and there is no wind ot weather. Get the tip as high as possible.

Also, use a 1:1 balun so the coax doesn't radiate. Basically, that is a fancy
term for coiled coax, which should be place just before the feedpoint.

Here is a site to help:

http://www.hamuniverse.com/balun.html

When I built mine, I used two PVC 4 inch couplers glued together. And I wrapped
the coax around it, tying it down with ty-raps. If you need pictures, I can send
them. The purpose of this coil is to choke RF so the coax does not act as a
ground radial or part of the antenna. That is also why it's place as close to
the feed as possible.

Vinnie S.