Old December 25th 05, 02:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Fry

Default Effective Height of Vertical Antenna

"Reg Edwards" wrote
Your quote refers to "Types of antennas normally used" and "for
certain configurations". This indicates to me an uncertain range of
dimensions. Perhaps some antennas in the range considered were
top-capacitance loaded, others were not, some thick and fat, some very
slender, some guyed, some not, some with tall base insulators, some
not. Even Terman lumps together a range of dimensions and draws
conclusions common to the collection.

__________________

Radiators were not lumped together to be covered in common by the equation I
quoted. This section continues with individual equations for small loop,
and Adcock antennas -- which further I omitted as indicated by the snip
statement in my post.

Section 2-10 in Kraus' "Antennas," 3rd edition, has much more analysis of
effective height. I know you scorn learned authors and their bibles, but
perhaps a quick read of this would save you from repeating such
investigations to your personal satisfaction, and answer a few of the
questions you ask of others here. Maybe you can borrow a copy from your
local library.

RF