Old December 26th 05, 12:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
dansawyeror

Default Standing Waves (and Impedance)

No. They are separate. Audio is FM and video is AM. Dan

Cecil Moore wrote:
John Ferrell wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:

The audio is not mixed with the main carrier?

It can be either way.

If you choose to use separate transmitters the demands on antenna
bandwidth are greatly reduced. John Ferrell W8CCW

Thanks John, my IC-706 will receive the TV frequencies, but since
I have never heard any audio, I assumed the audio and video were
mixed to an IF frequency and then mixed to the TV frequency. (I
have a reference book on TV but haven't looked at it in a long
time).