Old December 18th 03, 07:53 AM
alt

Default Why so much hostility towards IRLP?

Why is there so much hostility towards IRLP?

I realize that it's not real DX, but isn't amateur radio and the Internet
partly about connecting people? Why is there so much hostility towards
exploring radio-related technology like IRLP (which is also a part of ham
radio)?

Personally, I find the whole concept facinating. I'm also looking at the
IPARN (http://www.iparn.ca/) (Inter-provincial Amateur Radio Network) who's
goal is to connect repeaters in every Canadian province via Satellite (due
to funding shortfalls, they're utilizing an IRLP-like system utilizing the
internet).

I guess I just see it all as exploring technology and the Amateur Radio
portion creates unique opportunities to expand that exploration.

--
Donovan Hill