Old December 26th 05, 08:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
David Ryeburn

Default Standing Waves (and Impedance)

In article ,
(Dave Platt) wrote:

For what it's worth, I'm able to use my Kenwood TS-2000 to tune in the
audio carrier of our local Channel 2 station. According to my cheat
sheet, 2's video carrier is at 55.25, with audio carrier 4.5 MHz
higher... hence 59.75 MHz. It seems to tune in best on my radio at
59.745.

Your channel 3 audio carrier ought to be at 61.25 + 4.5 = 65.75 MHz.

The normal video carrier frequency for US TV stations is 1.25 MHz above
the low frequency end of the channel, and the audio carrier frequency is
4.5 MHz higher than that. But some station assignments specify that the
video carrier should be a small number of kHz above or below the
frequency described above, with the audio carrier still 4.5 MHz above
the (displaced) video carrier so that when the TV receiver is properly
(mis)tuned, both carriers will be converted to the expected intermediate
frequencies. Perhaps your channel 2 station has been moved downhill 5
kHz. In any case the +/- 25 kHz deviation for 100% modulation would make
the audio sound pretty ugly on a narrow band ham receiver.

David, ex-W8EZE

--
David Ryeburn

To send e-mail, use "ca" instead of "caz".